Hot Tuna Sandwiches
This hearty sandwich from field editor Lucile Proctor of Panguitch, Utah is great eaten warmed or cold.
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 15 min.
- 1 can (6 ounces) tuna, drained and flaked
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 3 hard-boiled large eggs, chopped
- 3 tablespoons each chopped green pepper, sweet pickle, ripe olives and onion
- 1/2 cup Miracle Whip
- 6 sandwich buns, split
- Combine tuna, cheese, eggs, green pepper, pickle, olives, onion and Miracle Whip; spread about 1/3 cup onto each bun. Wrap each sandwich in waxed paper; microwave on high for 30 seconds (per sandwich) or until the cheese melts.
Editor's NoteThis recipe was tested in a 1,100-watt microwave.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 495 calories, 28g fat (9g saturated fat), 141mg cholesterol, 770mg sodium, 39g carbohydrate (8g sugars, 2g fiber), 22g protein.
Originally published as Hot Tuna Sandwiches in Taste of Home February/March 1996
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.