Tuna Tea Sandwiches
A friend brought tuna sandwiches to a picnic years ago. I never got the recipe from her, but these are close and just as delicious! —Lisa Sneed, Bayfield, Colorado
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 10 min.
Makes4 tea sandwiches
- 1 can (6 ounces) light water-packed tuna, drained and flaked
- 1 to 2 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 1/4 teaspoon lemon-pepper seasoning
- 4 tablespoons crumbled goat cheese
- 4 slices multigrain bread, crusts removed
- 4 large fresh basil leaves
- In a small bowl, combine the tuna, mayonnaise and lemon-pepper. Spread 1 tablespoon of goat cheese on each slice of bread. Spread two slices with tuna mixture; top with basil leaves and remaining bread. Cut in half or into desired shapes.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 191 calories, 8g fat (4g saturated fat), 25mg cholesterol, 391mg sodium, 12g carbohydrate (2g sugars, 2g fiber), 17g protein.
Originally published as Rene's Basil Goat Cheese Tuna Sandwiches in Holiday & Celebrations Cookbook 2007