Tuna Cheese Melts
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic salt
- 8 slices rye or white bread
- 1 pouch (6.40 ounces) light tuna
- 2 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 4 slices process American cheese
- 4 tablespoons butter, divided
- In a small bowl, combine sour cream and garlic salt; spread on one side of each slice of bread. In another small bowl, combine tuna and mayonnaise; spread on four slices of bread. Top with cheese and remaining bread; gently press together.
- Melt 2 tablespoons butter in a large skillet over medium heat. Add two sandwiches; toast sandwiches until bread is lightly browned on both sides and cheese is melted. Repeat with remaining butter and sandwiches.
Nutrition Facts1 sandwich: 482 calories, 30g fat (15g saturated fat), 59mg cholesterol, 1099mg sodium, 33g carbohydrate (4g sugars, 4g fiber), 19g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Nov 17, 2017
I found this recipe in the August/September 2004 Taste of Home Issue. Apparently I tried it then, and note it as excellent. I can't wait to try it again.
Jan 26, 2011
Awesome and Easy!