Tuna Artichoke Melts
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 15 min.
- 1 can (6 ounces) light water-packed tuna, drained and flaked
- 1/3 cup coarsely chopped water-packed artichoke hearts, rinsed and drained
- 2 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 1/2 cup shredded Mexican cheese blend, divided
- 1/4 teaspoon lemon-pepper seasoning
- 1/8 teaspoon dried oregano
- 2 English muffins, split and toasted
- Preheat broiler. In a small bowl, combine the tuna, artichokes, mayonnaise, 1/4 cup cheese, lemon-pepper and oregano. Spread over English muffin halves.
- Place on a baking sheet. Broil 4-6 in. from the heat until heated through, 3-5 minutes. Sprinkle with remaining cheese; broil until cheese is melted, 1-2 minutes longer.
Nutrition Facts2 halves: 426 calories, 21g fat (6g saturated fat), 57mg cholesterol, 818mg sodium, 30g carbohydrate (2g sugars, 1g fiber), 29g protein.
Every product is independently selected by our editors. If you buy something through our links, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Jul 9, 2017
This was a different take on how I make these and the family loves them. Full of flavor and easy to make.
Jan 10, 2015
Really delicious, I will make these often! Loved the English muffin twist.
Apr 23, 2013
Good, love the artichokes.
Aug 8, 2012
I love artichokes and this recipe was a nice surprise. The English muffins offered a nice 'crunch' to each bite and all the toppings blended together well. A great week day recipe.(5 Stars for me is an instant classic / serve to company meal.)
Jul 12, 2012
These were delicious! I will definitely make them again. Great for a quick weeknight meal and then enjoy the leftover mix for lunch the next day!
Jul 3, 2012
When I went to elementary school in Earlham Iowa, they used to serve these once in awhile for our lunches, minus the artichokes. I have always wanted to find this recipe as love it. Will make this again and again as it is delicious. That and a salad and I'm a very happy farm gal;)
Mar 5, 2012
There wasn't anything extra special about this, but it was good. I would maybe add a little Nature's Seasons seasoning blend next time to add a little punch to the flavor. I loved the warm gooeyness of it. I used a 5 oz. can of tuna and Thomas' Light English Muffins to lighten the calories and increase the fiber...it came to 308 calories this way. My 12 year old son liked it, too.
Mar 6, 2011
This really hit the spot for me. I thought the flavor was awesome. The lemon-peppering seasoning adds a lot so make sure you don't leave that ingredient out. I'm going to make sure I have everything on hand at all times. I plan on making this often! Yummy!
Nov 13, 2010
This has become a go-to recipe for us. Quick, easy, and delicious! I love artichokes so I often add more, a little extra mayo, and extra spices. I also add all the cheese at once instead of sprinkling some over the top.
Apr 25, 2010
I LOVE this recipe! Super easy and I make it all the time. I have put the filling on a whole-wheat pita like a pizza as well. Yummy!