Tuna Mac and Cheese Bake
Total TimePrep: 15 min. Bake: 30 min.
- 1 package (7-1/4 ounces) macaroni and cheese dinner mix
- 1 can (12 ounces) light water-packed tuna, drained and flaked
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of mushroom soup, undiluted
- 1-1/3 cups 2% milk
- 2 packages (9 ounces each) frozen peas and pearl onions
- 1 can (4 ounces) mushroom stems and pieces, drained
- 1 can (2.8 ounces) French-fried onions, divided
- Prepare macaroni and cheese according to package directions. Stir in the tuna, soup, milk, peas, mushrooms and half of the fried onions.
- Place in a greased 11x7-in. baking dish. Bake, uncovered, at 325° for 25 minutes. Sprinkle with remaining fried onions; bake 5 minutes longer or until heated through.
Nutrition Facts1 cup: 359 calories, 15g fat (7g saturated fat), 37mg cholesterol, 976mg sodium, 35g carbohydrate (7g sugars, 3g fiber), 20g protein.
Oct 2, 2015
This was really, really good! I omitted the frozen peas and threw just some pearl onions. I'll definitely make this again!
Sep 7, 2011
Fantastic recipe!! We can't get enough of it.
Mar 31, 2011
I love this dish! It take tuna casserole to a whole new level! Bravo!!
Feb 15, 2011
awsome! made it several times already since I got the recipe
Nov 19, 2010
I thought this was surprisingly good...and soo easy. I made mine with turkey ham and left out the peas because I know my family preferences. The french onions give it a unique flavor. You'd never guess it started with a box of mac and cheese!
Nov 2, 2010
Very good. A few cracks of pepper and even better!
Sep 1, 2010
My husband loved it.I wasn't too crazy about the amount of peas it had in it. I will try a different veggie the next time I make it.
Aug 19, 2010
We loved this one... instead of tuna, we added chicken and used cheddar french fried onions! Yummy!
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.