Mozzarella Tuna Melts
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 1 can (6 ounces) water-packed tuna, drained and flaked
- 1/4 cup finely chopped celery
- 1/4 cup finely chopped onion
- 1/4 cup fat-free mayonnaise
- 4 hamburger buns, split
- 4 slices part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 4 tomato slices
- 4 lettuce leaves
- In a small bowl, combine the tuna, celery, onion and mayonnaise. Spread on bottom of buns; set bun tops aside. Top tuna mixture with a slice of cheese and tomato.
- Place on an ungreased baking sheet. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 12-15 minutes or until heated through and cheese is melted. Top each with a lettuce leaf; replace bun tops.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 272 calories, 8g fat (4g saturated fat), 28mg cholesterol, 648mg sodium, 27g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 2g fiber), 23g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 lean meat, 2 starch.
May 5, 2014
These are phenomenal. A great quick supper. I had 5oz cans of tuna, so I used two and slightly increased the mayo. I also added a diced dill pickle spear. Like others, I left off the tomato, just because I wasn't in the mood for it. :-) Awesome!
Jul 31, 2011
I don't typically like tuna salad sandwiches, but this one is nice and fresh and pleasing. I leave the tomato off of part of them in the cooking as my husband doesn't like "cooked" tomatoes, but i do. I've made this one several times now. Another nice and quick, yet pleasing dish.
Jun 17, 2011
So easy and delicious! The whole family loves this recipe.
Jun 15, 2010
Nice easy dinner. I left out the tomato, but it's a great simple summer meal.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.