- 3 tablespoons chopped onion
- 3 tablespoons chopped green pepper
- 1/3 cup butter
- 1/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 3 cups milk
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of mushroom soup, undiluted
- 1 can (12 ounces) tuna, drained and flaked
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups biscuit/baking mix
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/2 cup diced pimientos
- 1/4 cup minced fresh parsley
- 1 egg
- 2 teaspoons water
- In a saucepan, saute onion and green pepper in butter. Blend in flour until smooth. Gradually stir in milk; bring to a boil over medium heat. Cook and stir 2 minutes. Remove from heat; stir in soup, tuna, lemon juice and salt. Pour into an ungreased 13x9-in. baking dish.
- Preheat oven to 400°. For dough, combine biscuit mix and milk until blended. On a lightly floured surface, roll dough into a 12x9-in. rectangle. Sprinkle with cheese, pimientos and parsley. Roll up, jelly-roll style, starting with a long side. Cut into 1-in. slices; place over tuna mixture. Beat egg and water; brush over the swirls.
- Bake, uncovered, 20-25 minutes or until top is lightly browned.
1 each: 394 calories, 21g fat (11g saturated fat), 83mg cholesterol, 1267mg sodium, 32g carbohydrate (6g sugars, 1g fiber), 20g protein.