Baked Fish with Cheese Sauce for Two
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 2 orange roughy fillets (4 ounces each)
- 1-1/2 teaspoons butter, melted
- 1 tablespoon dry bread crumbs
- 1-1/2 teaspoons all-purpose flour
- 6 tablespoons 2% milk
- 1/4 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 3/4 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- Place fish in a greased 11x7-in. baking dish. Brush with butter; sprinkle with bread crumbs. Bake at 400° for 15-20 minutes or until fish flakes easily with a fork.
- Meanwhile, in a small saucepan, combine flour and milk until smooth. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Stir in cheese and mustard until cheese is melted. Serve with fish.
Nutrition Facts4 ounce-weight: 206 calories, 9g fat (5g saturated fat), 94mg cholesterol, 279mg sodium, 7g carbohydrate (2g sugars, 0 fiber), 24g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 lean meat, 1 fat, 1/2 starch.
Jan 31, 2012
They didn't have orange roughy at our local grocery store...I was disappointed since this is my favorite fish, but we substituted it with cod. The sauce was delicious, the mustard gave it a nice tang! My husband loved it as well! Thank you, I will definitely be making this again!
Sep 16, 2010
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.