Grilled Salmon Steaks
Total TimePrep: 10 min. + marinating Grill: 15 min.
- 2 tablespoons white wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 tablespoon dill weed
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 to 1/4 teaspoon pepper, optional
- 4 salmon steaks (1-inch thick and 6 ounces each)
- MUSTARD DILL SAUCE:
- 3 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 3 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 3 tablespoons dill weed
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 4 teaspoons white wine vinegar
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper, optional
- In a large resealable plastic bag, combine the first five ingredients. Add salmon; seal bag and turn to coat. Refrigerate for 1 hour, turning occasionally.
- In a small bowl, combine the sauce ingredients; cover and refrigerate until chilled.
- Discard marinade. Grill salmon, covered, over medium heat for 6-7 minutes on each side or until fish flakes easily with a fork. Serve with mustard dill sauce.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 215 calories, 14g fat (2g saturated fat), 29mg cholesterol, 814mg sodium, 13g carbohydrate (9g sugars, 1g fiber), 10g protein.
Nov 30, 2017
I did not like this recipe. The sauce itself is good but too sweet for me. I think the sauce would be good for another recipe but not this one. It overpowers the salmon taste so all you taste is the sauce. As for the marinade, I think it's useless, I tried the salmon with and without the sauce. Without the sauce, the salmon tasted kinda bland even after 2 hours of marinating so to me the marinade was useless, I should have just used salt & pepper. I was just expecting that after 2 hours of marinating, the salmon would have a bit of the marinade taste, but it didn't.
Apr 28, 2016
Made this for my wife on the grill and she loved it. So much so that I'll be doing so again this weekend. Don't know if that's good or bad. Lol
Sep 7, 2015
My husband does generally eat salmon and he loved it.
Sep 1, 2008
Holy smoke, we grilled this with hickory chips and every person at the table just melted in their seats! Never have we tasted anything so sensory! Save the sauce for chicken tomorrow. Now this is salmon!