Grilled Skirt Steak with Red Peppers & Onions
This fun dish is a welcome part of our family cookouts. It makes a quick and delicious steak and vegetable combo that's ideal for lunch or dinner. —Cleo Gonske, Redding, California
Total TimePrep: 30 min. + marinating Grill: 20 min..
- 1/2 cup apple juice
- 1/2 cup red wine vinegar
- 1/4 cup finely chopped onion
- 2 tablespoons rubbed sage
- 3 teaspoons ground coriander
- 3 teaspoons ground mustard
- 3 teaspoons freshly ground pepper
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 cup olive oil
- 1 beef skirt steak (1-1/2 pounds), cut into 5-in. pieces
- 2 medium red onions, cut into 1/2-inch slices
- 2 medium sweet red peppers, halved
- 12 green onions, trimmed
- In a small bowl, whisk the first nine ingredients until blended; gradually whisk in oil. Pour 1-1/2 cups marinade into a large resealable plastic bag. Add beef; seal bag and turn to coat. Refrigerate overnight. Cover and refrigerate remaining marinade.
- In a large bowl, toss remaining vegetables with 1/4 cup of the reserved marinade. Grill red onions and peppers, covered, over medium heat, 4-6 minutes on each side or until tender. Grill green onions 1-2 minutes on each side or until tender.
- Drain beef, discarding marinade in bag. Grill, covered, over medium heat 4-6 minutes on each side or until meat reaches desired doneness (for medium-rare, a thermometer should read 135°; medium, 140°; medium-well, 145°); baste with remaining marinade during the last 4 minutes of cooking. Let steak stand 5 minutes.
- Chop vegetables into bite-size pieces; transfer to a large bowl. Cut steak diagonally across the grain into thin slices; add to vegetables and toss to combine.
Nutrition Facts1 serving: 461 calories, 32g fat (7g saturated fat), 67mg cholesterol, 311mg sodium, 12g carbohydrate (5g sugars, 3g fiber), 32g protein.
Originally published as Grilled Pepper Steak in tasteofhome.com
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.