Grilled Steaks with Cilantro Sauce
Total TimePrep: 25 min. Grill: 15 min.
Makes8 servings (3 cups sauce)
- 2 cups fresh parsley leaves
- 2 cups fresh cilantro leaves
- 1 cup fresh mint leaves
- 8 garlic cloves, chopped
- 1-3/4 teaspoons kosher salt, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon plus 3/4 teaspoon freshly ground pepper, divided
- 2 cups olive oil
- 2/3 cup red wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 4 pounds beef flat iron steaks or top sirloin steaks (1 inch thick)
- Place herbs, garlic, 1 teaspoon salt and 1/2 teaspoon pepper in a food processor; pulse until herbs are chopped. Gradually add oil, vinegar, lemon juice and pepper flakes, processing just until blended.
- Sprinkle steaks with remaining salt and pepper. Grill, covered, over medium heat or broil 4 in. from heat 6-8 minutes on each side or until meat reaches desired doneness (for medium-rare, a thermometer should read 135°; medium, 140°; medium-well, 145°). Cut steaks into 1/4-in. slices; serve with sauce.
Nutrition Facts6 ounces cooked beef with 1/3 cup sauce: 901 calories, 78g fat (17g saturated fat), 146mg cholesterol, 567mg sodium, 5g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 2g fiber), 45g protein.
Oct 24, 2017
ENOUGH WITH THE VIDEOS!!! THEY EAT MY BANDWIDTH AND ARE LOUDLY DISTURBING!!!!
Aug 9, 2014
I did not like this, and I'm usually a fan of cilantro. To me, the cilantro and the red wine vinegar overtook all the other ingredients and it was just overpowering. Also, I really didn't like the texture - it seemed too grainy for me, no matter how much I blended it. I'm glad this was a sauce to pour over steaks after they are already cooked - if it had been a marinade it would have ruined our beautiful t-bone steaks! Definitely will not be doing this again.
Jun 3, 2014
Will be making again. The sauce made it Yummy!
Jul 17, 2013
Cilantro is one of my favorite herbs. It is great in this recipe combined with parsley and mint. The lemon juice adds just the right amount of tartness. You can kick this up by blending in jalapeno peppers instead of the red chili flake. This is like a Southwest pesto. YUM!
Mar 22, 2013
Fresh punch of flavor