Steak and Onions
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 1 large onion, halved and sliced
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1/3 cup white wine or chicken broth
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon dried rosemary, crushed
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 beef tenderloin steaks (1-1/2 to 2 inches thick and 8 ounces each)
- In a large skillet, cook onion in butter over medium heat for 15-20 minutes or until onion is golden brown, stirring frequently. Stir in wine and garlic. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 3-4 minutes or until liquid has evaporated.
- Meanwhile, combine the rosemary, salt and pepper; rub over steaks. Broil 4 in. from the heat for 7-9 minutes on each side or until meat reaches desired doneness (for medium-rare, a thermometer should read 135°; medium, 140°; medium-well, 145°). Serve with caramelized onions.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 495 calories, 25g fat (12g saturated fat), 129mg cholesterol, 381mg sodium, 9g carbohydrate (4g sugars, 2g fiber), 50g protein.
Jan 31, 2015
Really enjoyed these steaks. The caramelized onions onions made it something special.
Sep 29, 2013
these are awsome
Sep 23, 2011
The steaks were very moist, I made them a little different. I did what the first paragraph said. While another skillet, I cooked the steaks on both sides for a few minutes. Then put in a foil lined baking dish and poured the onion mixture on top. Baked @350 for 30 minutes. Wonderful!