Total TimePrep: 15 min. + marinating Cook: 10 min.
- 1 boneless beef sirloin steak (1-1/2 to 2 pounds)
- 1/2 cup soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1 to 2 medium green peppers, julienned
- 1 medium onion, halved and thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup water
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- Hot cooked rice
- Cut steak into 2-1/2-in. x 1/2-in. x 1/4-in. strips. In a medium bowl, combine the soy sauce, sugar and garlic. Add meat; toss lightly to coat. Cover and refrigerate 3-4 hours.
- Discard marinade. In a skillet or wok, stir-fry meat in oil for 5-6 minutes or until no longer pink. Add peppers and onion; stir-fry for 3-4 minutes. Combine water and cornstarch until smooth. Add to meat and vegetables; stir-fry for 2-3 minutes or until thickened. Serve with rice.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Apr 24, 2008
Fixed this the other night. Subsituted one of the bell peppers with a pablano pepper to spice it up just a touch. Turned of FANTASTIC definately a keeper recipeK.Hanks