The marinade for this recipe is also excellent for steak or chicken on the grill. Everyone enjoys this full-flavored, hearty main dish.—James Harris, Columbus, Georgia
Total TimePrep: 15 min. + marinating Cook: 10 min.
- 1 boneless beef sirloin steak (1-1/2 to 2 pounds)
- 1/2 cup soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1 to 2 medium green peppers, julienned
- 1 medium onion, halved and thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup water
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- Hot cooked rice
- Cut steak into 2-1/2-in. x 1/2-in. x 1/4-in. strips. In a medium bowl, combine the soy sauce, sugar and garlic. Add meat; toss lightly to coat. Cover and refrigerate 3-4 hours.
- Discard marinade. In a skillet or wok, stir-fry meat in oil for 5-6 minutes or until no longer pink. Add peppers and onion; stir-fry for 3-4 minutes. Combine water and cornstarch until smooth. Add to meat and vegetables; stir-fry for 2-3 minutes or until thickened. Serve with rice.
Originally published as Pepper Steak in Taste of Home August/September 1995
Apr 24, 2008
Fixed this the other night. Subsituted one of the bell peppers with a pablano pepper to spice it up just a touch. Turned of FANTASTIC definately a keeper recipeK.Hanks