Quick Pepper Steak
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh gingerroot
- 3/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) beef broth
- 3 tablespoons reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon molasses
- 1-1/2 pounds beef top sirloin steak, cut into 1/4-inch strips
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 2 large green peppers, cut into 1/2-inch strips
- 1-1/2 cups sliced celery
- 3 green onions, chopped
- 4 teaspoons lemon juice
- Hot cooked noodles, optional
- In a bowl, combine the cornstarch, brown sugar, ginger and garlic powder. Stir in broth until smooth. Add soy sauce and molasses; set aside.
- In a nonstick skillet or wok, stir-fry steak in oil for 4-5 minutes; remove and keep warm. Stir-fry peppers, celery and onions until crisp-tender, about 5 minutes. Stir broth mixture and add to the vegetables. Return meat to the pan. Bring to a boil; cook and stir until thickened, about 2 minutes. Stir in lemon juice. Serve over noodles if desired.
Nutrition Facts3/4 cup: 233 calories, 7g fat (2g saturated fat), 46mg cholesterol, 672mg sodium, 14g carbohydrate (9g sugars, 2g fiber), 26g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 lean meat, 1 vegetable, 1/2 starch, 1/2 fat.
Sep 7, 2019
That is the worst thing I've ever seen with all the peppers on top, which I absolutely hate. Who are you feeding this to? I love stir fry and this doesn't come close with all the many ingredients. Why is there all that lemon juice? /
Mar 3, 2019