Maple-Ginger Glazed Carrots
Total TimePrep: 15 min. Cook: 25 min.
- 4 pounds medium carrots, cut into 1/4-inch slices
- 1/4 cup water
- 3 tablespoons butter, divided
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh gingerroot
- 1/3 cup maple syrup
- 1 tablespoon cider vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- Minced fresh parsley, optional
- In a Dutch oven, combine the carrots, water, 2 tablespoons butter and ginger. Cover and cook for 10 minutes. Cook, uncovered, 6-8 minutes longer or until carrots are crisp-tender.
- Stir in the syrup, vinegar, salt and pepper. Cook for 5-6 minutes, stirring frequently, or until sauce is thickened. Stir in remaining butter. Garnish with parsley if desired.
Nutrition Facts3/4 cup: 83 calories, 2g fat (1g saturated fat), 6mg cholesterol, 168mg sodium, 15g carbohydrate (9g sugars, 3g fiber), 1g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2 vegetable, 1/2 fat.
Jul 10, 2016
Great new way to add color to our plate . Family favorite!!
Nov 11, 2014
I love these! My mom would also add a bit of grated orange peel and toasted almonds. Delicious and a staple during the holidays!
Nov 20, 2012
A wonderful, healthy addition to our fall dinners and also Spring with fresh lamb and Asparagus. Went well with our Turkey at Thanksgiving meal. Bright and delightful.Thank you everyone loved it.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.