Maple-Ginger Glazed Carrots
Total TimePrep: 15 min. Cook: 25 min.
- 4 pounds medium carrots, cut into 1/4-inch slices
- 1/4 cup water
- 3 tablespoons butter, divided
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh gingerroot
- 1/3 cup maple syrup
- 1 tablespoon cider vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- Minced fresh parsley, optional
- In a Dutch oven, combine the carrots, water, 2 tablespoons butter and ginger. Cover and cook for 10 minutes. Cook, uncovered, 6-8 minutes longer or until carrots are crisp-tender.
- Stir in the syrup, vinegar, salt and pepper. Cook for 5-6 minutes, stirring frequently, or until sauce is thickened. Stir in remaining butter. Garnish with parsley if desired.
Nutrition Facts3/4 cup: 83 calories, 2g fat (1g saturated fat), 6mg cholesterol, 168mg sodium, 15g carbohydrate (9g sugars, 3g fiber), 1g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2 vegetable, 1/2 fat.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Jul 10, 2016
Great new way to add color to our plate . Family favorite!!
Nov 11, 2014
I love these! My mom would also add a bit of grated orange peel and toasted almonds. Delicious and a staple during the holidays!
Nov 20, 2012
A wonderful, healthy addition to our fall dinners and also Spring with fresh lamb and Asparagus. Went well with our Turkey at Thanksgiving meal. Bright and delightful.Thank you everyone loved it.