Maple-Ginger Glazed Carrots
Total TimePrep: 15 min. Cook: 25 min.
- 4 pounds medium carrots, cut into 1/4-inch slices
- 1/4 cup water
- 3 tablespoons butter, divided
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh gingerroot
- 1/3 cup maple syrup
- 1 tablespoon cider vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- Minced fresh parsley, optional
- In a Dutch oven, combine the carrots, water, 2 tablespoons butter and ginger. Cover and cook for 10 minutes. Cook, uncovered, until carrots are crisp-tender, 6-8 minutes longer.
- Stir in the syrup, vinegar, salt and pepper. Cook, stirring frequently, or until sauce is thickened, 5-6 minutes. Stir in remaining butter. If desired, garnish with parsley.
Nutrition Facts3/4 cup: 83 calories, 2g fat (1g saturated fat), 6mg cholesterol, 168mg sodium, 15g carbohydrate (9g sugars, 3g fiber), 1g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2 vegetable, 1/2 fat.
Oct 29, 2019
Perfect side dish any time of year. I will be serving as an appetizer this Thanksgiving for the lactose intolerant guests that can't enjoy the cheese laden items so prevalent during the holidays. They deserve something better than a raw veggie tray and chips and salsa. I love carrots any way I can get them, and make these often just for myself.
Sep 25, 2019
For starters, I didn't have any maple syrup....so I used organic unprocessed wildflower honey and also organic prepared ginger root. very good. Will definitely have to try with maple syrup another time!
Aug 28, 2019
I have always loved carrots ,especially glazed carrots. I love the addition of the fresh ginger, definitely adds the perfect flavor
Jul 10, 2016
Great new way to add color to our plate . Family favorite!!
Nov 11, 2014
I love these! My mom would also add a bit of grated orange peel and toasted almonds. Delicious and a staple during the holidays!
Nov 20, 2012
A wonderful, healthy addition to our fall dinners and also Spring with fresh lamb and Asparagus. Went well with our Turkey at Thanksgiving meal. Bright and delightful.Thank you everyone loved it.