Honey & Ginger Glazed Carrots
For weeknights, holidays and special events, we make a sweet and tangy carrot dish flavored with ginger, lemon juice and honey. Make it ahead and reheat in the oven if needed or swap out the almonds for pecans. —Laura Mims, Little Elm, Texas
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 1-1/2 pounds fresh carrots, sliced
- 1/2 cup golden raisins
- 3 tablespoons honey
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1-1/2 teaspoons ground ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup slivered almonds, toasted
- Place carrots in a large saucepan; add water to cover. Bring to a boil. Cook, covered, 6-8 minutes or until crisp-tender. Drain and return to pan.
- Add raisins, honey, butter, lemon juice, ginger and salt; cook and stir 4-5 minutes longer or until carrots are tender. Just before serving, sprinkle with almonds.
Editor's NoteTo toast nuts, bake in a shallow pan in a 350° oven for 5-10 minutes or cook in a skillet over low heat until lightly browned, stirring occasionally.
Nutrition Facts2/3 cup: 204 calories, 9g fat (3g saturated fat), 10mg cholesterol, 307mg sodium, 32g carbohydrate (22g sugars, 5g fiber), 4g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2 vegetable, 1-1/2 fat, 1 starch.
Originally published as Honey & Ginger Glazed Carrots in Simple & Delicious April/May 2015
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.