Honey Mustard Carrots
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 2 pound carrots, julienned
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 1/2 to 3/4 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh parsley
- Place 1 in. of water in a large saucepan; add carrots. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 3 minutes or until tender. In a small bowl, combine the honey, mustard, cumin and cinnamon. Drain carrots well; stir in the butter, salt and pepper. Add honey mixture; heat through. Sprinkle with parsley.
Nutrition Facts3/4 cup: 128 calories, 5g fat (2g saturated fat), 10mg cholesterol, 317mg sodium, 22g carbohydrate (16g sugars, 5g fiber), 2g protein.
Apr 28, 2015
I loved this recipe; however, I did change it as I do not like cooked carrots. It takes the nutrients away, so instead I pan fried them in 2 Tablespoons of butter on top of the stove. I watched them carefully so they wouldn't burn. I did finish cooking them in the honey mustard sauce and I did increase the amount as I wanted it saucier.