Honey Mustard Carrots
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 2 pound carrots, julienned
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 1/2 to 3/4 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh parsley
- Place 1 in. of water in a large saucepan; add carrots. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 3 minutes or until tender. In a small bowl, combine the honey, mustard, cumin and cinnamon. Drain carrots well; stir in the butter, salt and pepper. Add honey mixture; heat through. Sprinkle with parsley.
Nutrition Facts3/4 cup: 128 calories, 5g fat (2g saturated fat), 10mg cholesterol, 317mg sodium, 22g carbohydrate (16g sugars, 5g fiber), 2g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Apr 28, 2015
I loved this recipe; however, I did change it as I do not like cooked carrots. It takes the nutrients away, so instead I pan fried them in 2 Tablespoons of butter on top of the stove. I watched them carefully so they wouldn't burn. I did finish cooking them in the honey mustard sauce and I did increase the amount as I wanted it saucier.