Herb-Buttered Baby Carrots
Total TimePrep: 10 min. Bake: 50 min.
- 1 pound fresh baby carrots, trimmed
- 1/4 cup butter, cubed
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1-1/2 teaspoons minced fresh parsley or 1/2 teaspoon dried parsley flakes
- 1/4 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/8 teaspoon dried marjoram
- 1/8 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/8 teaspoon dried rosemary, crushed
- 1/8 teaspoon dried thyme
- Preheat oven to 375°. Place carrots in a greased 1-1/2-qt. baking dish. In a microwave, melt butter; stir in garlic and herbs. Toss with carrots.
- Bake, covered, until carrots are tender, 50-60 minutes, stirring once.
Nutrition Facts1 serving: 143 calories, 12g fat (7g saturated fat), 31mg cholesterol, 180mg sodium, 10g carbohydrate (5g sugars, 2g fiber), 1g protein.
Dec 24, 2012
Delicious! This is going to be a holiday go to in my house from now on!
Nov 19, 2010
Next time I'm going to try using less butter, as the carrots seemed overly-buttery to my family. But overall, they had a nice flavor and the cooking times are perfect if you like your carrots al dente.