Herb-Buttered Baby Carrots
Total TimePrep: 10 min. Bake: 50 min.
- 1 pound fresh baby carrots, trimmed
- 1/4 cup butter, cubed
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1-1/2 teaspoons minced fresh parsley or 1/2 teaspoon dried parsley flakes
- 1/4 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/8 teaspoon dried marjoram
- 1/8 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/8 teaspoon dried rosemary, crushed
- 1/8 teaspoon dried thyme
- Preheat oven to 375°. Place carrots in a greased 1-1/2-qt. baking dish. In a microwave, melt butter; stir in garlic and herbs. Toss with carrots.
- Bake, covered, until carrots are tender, 50-60 minutes, stirring once.
Nutrition Facts1 serving: 143 calories, 12g fat (7g saturated fat), 31mg cholesterol, 180mg sodium, 10g carbohydrate (5g sugars, 2g fiber), 1g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Dec 24, 2012
Delicious! This is going to be a holiday go to in my house from now on!
Nov 19, 2010
Next time I'm going to try using less butter, as the carrots seemed overly-buttery to my family. But overall, they had a nice flavor and the cooking times are perfect if you like your carrots al dente.