Spiced Garlic Carrots
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 2 pounds medium carrots, cut diagonally into 1/4-inch slices
- 2 cinnamon sticks (3 inches)
- 1 teaspoon cumin seeds
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 12 garlic cloves, peeled and slightly crushed
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Place carrots in a large saucepan and cover with water. Bring to a boil. Cover and cook for 5-8 minutes or until tender; drain.
- In a large dry skillet, toast cinnamon sticks and cumin seeds over medium heat until aromatic, stirring occasionally. Add oil; heat over medium-high heat. Add the carrots, crushed garlic, pepper flakes and salt; cook and stir for 3-5 minutes or until carrots and garlic are lightly browned. Remove cinnamon sticks.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Apr 23, 2014
This was a wonderful side dish at Easter this year. They were full of flavor without being over powering. I love the smell of cumin and it fill the kitchen while I was making this dish. The carrots were a big hit with everyone even those not fond of veggies.