Total TimePrep/Total Time: 10 min.
- 1 package (16 ounces) frozen sliced carrots
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1 to 2 tablespoons butter
- 1/2 to 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Cook carrots according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a saucepan, heat the honey, butter and cinnamon until butter is melted; stir to blend.
- Drain carrots; place in a serving bowl. Drizzle with honey mixture.
Nutrition Facts1/2 cup: 90 calories, 2g fat (1g saturated fat), 5mg cholesterol, 65mg sodium, 19g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 3g fiber), 1g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 vegetable, 1 fruit.
Oct 14, 2012
pleasantly surprised as I don't particularly care for cooked carrots.
Aug 19, 2012
Excellent! I used half the recommended amount of honey, 1/2 tsp cinnamon and 1 tbsp butter. The dinner guests raved.
Sep 28, 2011
Yummy but I'll use less cinnamon next time. I also used fresh carrots instead of frozen ... makes a big difference and doesn't save a whole whack of time.
Sep 13, 2010
These are easy, fast and delicious!
Jun 15, 2010
Wasn't impressed. Just don't think cinnamon compliments carrots as well as other spices/seasonings. Ok for a one-time dish, but won't make this recipe a regular.
Jun 13, 2010
I made these with fresh baby carrots and my family loved them. They are not too sweet with just a touch of spice.