Carrots with Rosemary Butter
These appealing carrots from Veronica Callaghan of Glastonbury, Connecticut are simple, yet savory. Just steam and toss with Veronica’s homemade rosemary butter. Voila!
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 1-1/2 cups julienned carrots
- 1 tablespoon butter, softened
- 3/4 teaspoon minced fresh rosemary or 1/4 teaspoon dried rosemary, crushed
- 3/4 teaspoon minced fresh parsley or 1/4 teaspoon dried parsley flakes
- 3/4 teaspoon brown sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon garlic powder
- Place carrots in a steamer basket; place in a small saucepan over 1 in. of water. Bring to a boil; cover and steam for 4-6 minutes or until crisp-tender.
- Meanwhile, in a small bowl, combine the remaining ingredients. Add carrots and toss to coat.
Nutrition Facts3/4 cup: 97 calories, 6g fat (4g saturated fat), 15mg cholesterol, 386mg sodium, 11g carbohydrate (8g sugars, 3g fiber), 1g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 vegetable, 1 fat.
Originally published as Candied Carrots With Rosemary-Herb Butter in Cooking for 2 Spring 2008
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.