Roasted Parmesan Carrots
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 1 pound fresh carrots, peeled
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon dried thyme
- 3 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
- Preheat oven to 450°. Cut carrots crosswise in half and then lengthwise into 1/2-in.-thick sticks. Toss carrots with oil, salt, pepper and thyme; spread evenly in a greased 15x10x1-in. baking pan.
- Roast until tender and lightly browned, stirring once, 12-15 minutes. Toss with cheese.
Nutrition Facts1 serving: 72 calories, 2g fat (1g saturated fat), 3mg cholesterol, 386mg sodium, 11g carbohydrate (5g sugars, 3g fiber), 2g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 vegetable, 1/2 fat.
Apr 19, 2020
The scent of thyme while these were roasting was amazing! We enjoyed these as an alternative to all the recipes for sweet carrot side dishes. The roasting time is perfect for tender-crisp carrots and the parmesan adds a wonderful tang to the veggies.
Nov 15, 2019
Great herb flavors!
Nov 30, 2018
I made this dish for Thanksgiving. The only change I made was using fresh rosemary sprigs instead of thyme. I didn't have any thyme and I grow rosemary. This dish was easy to prepare, beautiful to look at and very tasty.
Nov 13, 2018
Easy to make, absolutely delicious. I used Grana Padano cheese and baby carrots, halved.
Aug 3, 2017
My changes were: 2 to 3 Tbsp. olive oil and 1 Tbsp. chopped onion. This dish was delicious! I'm glad that I tried these carrots!
Oct 16, 2016
Quick and easy to make, while nutritious and filling.
Oct 6, 2016
Great tasting carrots that were easy to make.
Sep 21, 2016
A little work but a lot of flavor. Worth the work.