Roasted Parmesan Carrots
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 1 pound fresh carrots, peeled
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon dried thyme
- 3 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
- Preheat oven to 450°. Cut carrots crosswise in half and then lengthwise into 1/2-in.-thick sticks. Toss carrots with oil, salt, pepper and thyme; spread evenly in a greased 15x10x10-in. baking pan.
- Roast until tender and lightly browned, stirring once, 12-15 minutes. Toss with cheese.
Nutrition Facts1 serving: 72 calories, 2g fat (1g saturated fat), 3mg cholesterol, 386mg sodium, 11g carbohydrate (5g sugars, 3g fiber), 2g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 vegetable, 1/2 fat.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Nov 30, 2018
I made this dish for Thanksgiving. The only change I made was using fresh rosemary sprigs instead of thyme. I didn't have any thyme and I grow rosemary. This dish was easy to prepare, beautiful to look at and very tasty.
Nov 13, 2018
Easy to make, absolutely delicious. I used Grana Padano cheese and baby carrots, halved.
Aug 3, 2017
My changes were: 2 to 3 Tbsp. olive oil and 1 Tbsp. chopped onion. This dish was delicious! I'm glad that I tried these carrots!
Oct 16, 2016
Quick and easy to make, while nutritious and filling.
Oct 6, 2016
Great tasting carrots that were easy to make.
Sep 21, 2016
A little work but a lot of flavor. Worth the work.