Buttery Carrots and Brussels Sprouts
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 1 pound carrots, cut into 1/4-inch slices
- 3/4 pound brussels sprouts, halved
- 1/4 cup butter, cubed
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh gingerroot
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons grated lemon zest
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Minced fresh parsley, optional
- In a large saucepan over medium heat, cook carrots and brussels sprouts in boiling water for 8-10 minutes or until tender; drain.
- In a small saucepan, melt butter. Add ginger; cook for 2 minutes. Add the lemon juice, zest, sugar, salt and pepper; pour over vegetables. Sprinkle with parsley if desired.
Nutrition Facts3/4 cup: 96 calories, 6g fat (4g saturated fat), 15mg cholesterol, 88mg sodium, 10g carbohydrate (5g sugars, 3g fiber), 2g protein.
Dec 2, 2012
I make this every year for Thanksgiving! This is hands down the most amazing brussel sprouts dish ever!
Dec 22, 2009
Made this as a side for Thanksgiving - easy and fast with lots of flavors that blend in unexpected ways
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.