Crunchy Bacon Blue Cheese Red Pepper Brussels Sprouts
This is my family's absolute favorite dish on my holiday table. What's not to love with the mixed aroma of garlic, onions, bacon, and blue cheese floating through your home? —Jana Gooding, Carlsbad, California
Total TimePrep: 15 min. Cook: 20 min.
- 1/4 cup avocado oil
- 3 cups halved fresh Brussels sprouts
- 1/2 cup sliced red onions
- 1/2 cup sliced sweet red pepper
- 2 cups fresh or frozen cranberries
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/2 cup crumbled blue cheese
- 1/2 cup crumbled cooked bacon
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 cup chopped cashews or pecans
- In a large skillet, heat oil over medium heat. Add Brussels sprouts, onions and red pepper; cook and stir until crisp-tender, 8-10 minutes. Add cranberries, vinegar and garlic. Cook just until berries are tender, about 10 minutes. Remove from the heat. Stir in cheese, bacon, salt and pepper. Sprinkle with cashews. Serve warm.
Nutrition Facts2/3 cup: 268 calories, 20g fat (5g saturated fat), 11mg cholesterol, 736mg sodium, 15g carbohydrate (5g sugars, 4g fiber), 10g protein.
Originally published as Crunchy Bacon Blue Cheese Red Pepper Brussel Sprouts in Taste of Home November 2018
Dec 30, 2018
Was looking for a brussels sprouts recipe that the whole family would like and this one knocked it out of the park. It has so many flavors that meld together perfectly. I used fresh cranberries and pecans and will do the same again.