Chicken & Brussels Sprouts Salad
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 20 fresh Brussels sprouts, trimmed and halved
- 2 shallots, sliced
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup balsamic vinegar
- 1 skinned rotisserie chicken, shredded
- 3 cups torn romaine
- 2/3 cup chopped roasted sweet red peppers
- 1/2 cup chopped sun-dried tomatoes (not oil-packed)
- 1/2 cup balsamic vinaigrette
- 3/4 cup pistachios, toasted
- 3/4 cup dried cranberries
- Fresh goat cheese, optional
- In a large skillet, heat oil over medium heat. Add Brussels sprouts and shallots; cook and stir until browned and tender, 10-12 minutes. Sprinkle with salt; drizzle with balsamic vinegar. Cook 2-3 minutes, reducing liquid and stirring to loosen browned bits from pan.
- Combine chicken, romaine, red pepper and sun-dried tomatoes. Toss with Brussels sprouts mixture and balsamic vinaigrette. Top with pistachios and dried cranberries; serve with goat cheese if desired.
Editor's NoteTo toast nuts, bake in a shallow pan in a 350° oven for 5-10 minutes or cook in a skillet over low heat until lightly browned, stirring occasionally.
Nutrition Facts1-1/3 cups: 500 calories, 25g fat (4g saturated fat), 73mg cholesterol, 657mg sodium, 39g carbohydrate (24g sugars, 7g fiber), 30g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Oct 22, 2017
This recipe contained a lot of my husband's and my favorite flavors. We used oil-packed sundried tomatoes and drained them (because that's what we had). I'd take this to any potluck!
Oct 23, 2016
There's a lot of fun and special ingredients in this salad like the sun-dried tomatoes and roasted peppers in this salad. It made a tasty weeknight dinner with lots of vegetables and was also good for leftovers for the next day's lunch.
Aug 24, 2016
The only adjustments I made was that I roasted the brussel sprouts instead of cooking them on the stovetop. I feel roasted them brings out the sweetness of them. I salted them while roasting with EVOO. Since I didn't have pistachios, I subbed almonds. I also roasted them along with the brussel sprouts. Great salad. I used left over chicken from the night before. Perfect way to use it up.