Chicken & Brussels Sprouts Salad
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 20 fresh Brussels sprouts, trimmed and halved
- 2 shallots, sliced
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup balsamic vinegar
- 1 skinned rotisserie chicken, shredded
- 3 cups torn romaine
- 2/3 cup chopped roasted sweet red peppers
- 1/2 cup chopped sun-dried tomatoes (not oil-packed)
- 1/2 cup balsamic vinaigrette
- 3/4 cup pistachios, toasted
- 3/4 cup dried cranberries
- Fresh goat cheese, optional
- In a large skillet, heat oil over medium heat. Add Brussels sprouts and shallots; cook and stir until browned and tender, 10-12 minutes. Sprinkle with salt; drizzle with balsamic vinegar. Cook 2-3 minutes, reducing liquid and stirring to loosen browned bits from pan.
- Combine chicken, romaine, red pepper and sun-dried tomatoes. Toss with Brussels sprouts mixture and balsamic vinaigrette. Top with pistachios and dried cranberries; serve with goat cheese if desired.
Editor's NoteTo toast nuts, bake in a shallow pan in a 350° oven for 5-10 minutes or cook in a skillet over low heat until lightly browned, stirring occasionally.
Nutrition Facts1-1/3 cups: 500 calories, 25g fat (4g saturated fat), 73mg cholesterol, 657mg sodium, 39g carbohydrate (24g sugars, 7g fiber), 30g protein.
Oct 22, 2017
This recipe contained a lot of my husband's and my favorite flavors. We used oil-packed sundried tomatoes and drained them (because that's what we had). I'd take this to any potluck!
Oct 23, 2016
There's a lot of fun and special ingredients in this salad like the sun-dried tomatoes and roasted peppers in this salad. It made a tasty weeknight dinner with lots of vegetables and was also good for leftovers for the next day's lunch.
Aug 24, 2016
The only adjustments I made was that I roasted the brussel sprouts instead of cooking them on the stovetop. I feel roasted them brings out the sweetness of them. I salted them while roasting with EVOO. Since I didn't have pistachios, I subbed almonds. I also roasted them along with the brussel sprouts. Great salad. I used left over chicken from the night before. Perfect way to use it up.