Chicken Nugget Caesar Salad
"I was getting ready to prepare a Caesar salad with chicken strips when I discovered I didn't have enough chicken breasts in the freezer," explains the Lake Zurich, Illinois cook. "So, I substituted frozen chicken nuggets. "My family was delighted with the results, "Martha notes. "So I substituted frozen chicken nuggets. "My family was delighted with the results," Martha notes. "In fact, my husband enjoyed three generous helpings!"
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 8 to 10 frozen breaded chicken breast nuggets
- 6 cups torn romaine
- 1/2 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
- 3/4 cup creamy Caesar salad dressing
- 3/4 cup Caesar salad croutons
- 1/4 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- Bake chicken nuggets according to package directions; cut into fourths. In a large bowl, combine the romaine, mushrooms and chicken. Drizzle with dressing and toss to coat. Sprinkle with croutons and Parmesan cheese.
Nutrition Facts1-1/4 cups: 225 calories, 17g fat (4g saturated fat), 27mg cholesterol, 543mg sodium, 10g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 1g fiber), 8g protein.
Originally published as Chicken Nugget Caesar Salad in Quick Cooking March/April 2005
Jan 17, 2014
Definitely a must try!
Jul 3, 2010
This was o.k. It might be a great way to get some kids to enjoy salad. Mine are older and preferred grilled chicken instead of breaded.