Shaved Brussels Sprout Salad
Total TimePrep: 20 min. + chilling
- 1 tablespoon cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 2 teaspoons honey
- 1 small garlic clove, minced
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 pound Brussels sprouts, halved and thinly sliced
- 1 small red onion, halved and thinly sliced
- 1/3 cup dried cherries, chopped
- 1/3 cup chopped pecans, toasted
- Whisk together the first four ingredients; gradually whisk in oil until blended.
- Place Brussels sprouts, onion and cherries in a large bowl; toss with dressing. Refrigerate, covered, at least 1 hour. Stir in pecans just before serving.
Editor's NoteTo toast nuts, bake in a shallow pan in a 350° oven for 5-10 minutes or cook in a skillet over low heat until lightly browned, stirring occasionally.
Nutrition Facts3/4 cup: 156 calories, 9g fat (1g saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 79mg sodium, 18g carbohydrate (10g sugars, 4g fiber), 3g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2 fat, 1 vegetable, 1/2 starch.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Dec 31, 2018
Excellent. I made it as written the first time and found it needed more dressing, so I doubled it the next time and got great reviews. Some people didn't like the red onion, so I might use a milder sweet onion from now on. Note that if you have a kitchen aid with the slice/shred attachments, it makes quick work out of thinly slicing those brussels sprouts.
Dec 12, 2018
This has turned out to be one of my favorite salads! If I take it to a potluck, always gets cleaned out! Delicious!
Nov 23, 2018
Really tasty. Made about 1.5x the dressing, which is very good and works for many salad options besides this one. Keeps well at least 24 hours; not sure beyond because we finished it off quickly. Will definitley make again.