Shaved Brussels Sprout Salad
The first time my friends tasted my new side dish, they said it was phenomenal. The longer you let it chill in the fridge, the more tender the sprouts will be. —Nick Iverson, Denver, Colorado
Total TimePrep: 20 min. + chilling
- 1 tablespoon cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 2 teaspoons honey
- 1 small garlic clove, minced
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 pound Brussels sprouts, halved and thinly sliced
- 1 small red onion, halved and thinly sliced
- 1/3 cup dried cherries, chopped
- 1/3 cup chopped pecans, toasted
- Whisk together the first four ingredients; gradually whisk in oil until blended.
- Place Brussels sprouts, onion and cherries in a large bowl; toss with dressing. Refrigerate, covered, at least 1 hour. Stir in pecans just before serving.
Editor's NoteTo toast nuts, bake in a shallow pan in a 350° oven for 5-10 minutes or cook in a skillet over low heat until lightly browned, stirring occasionally.
Nutrition Facts3/4 cup: 156 calories, 9g fat (1g saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 79mg sodium, 18g carbohydrate (10g sugars, 4g fiber), 3g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2 fat, 1 vegetable, 1/2 starch.
Originally published as Shaved Brussels Sprout Salad in Modern Comfort Spring
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.