Brussels Sprouts in Rosemary Cream Sauce
Brussels sprouts in a rosemary-infused cream sauce have the power to bring friends together – but watch out for fights over who gets the last of the sauce. —Liz Koschoreck, Berea, Kentucky
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 1 pound fresh Brussels sprouts (about 4 cups)
- 1/4 cup butter, cubed
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1 tablespoon coarsely chopped fresh rosemary
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup shredded Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese
- Freshly ground pepper
- Trim Brussels sprout stems; using a paring knife, cut an “X” in the bottom of each. Place sprouts in a large saucepan; add water to cover. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, covered, 6-8 minutes or until almost tender. Drain.
- Meanwhile, in a large saucepan, melt butter over medium heat. Stir in flour until smooth; gradually whisk in cream. Bring to a boil, stirring constantly; cook and stir 1-2 minutes or until thickened. Stir in rosemary and garlic. Add Brussels sprouts and salt; heat through, stirring to combine. Sprinkle with cheese and pepper.