Brussels Sprouts in Rosemary Cream Sauce
Brussels sprouts in a rosemary-infused cream sauce have the power to bring friends together – but watch out for fights over who gets the last of the sauce. —Liz Koschoreck, Berea, Kentucky
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 1 pound fresh Brussels sprouts (about 4 cups)
- 1/4 cup butter, cubed
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1 tablespoon coarsely chopped fresh rosemary
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup shredded Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese
- Freshly ground pepper
- Trim Brussels sprout stems; using a paring knife, cut an “X” in the bottom of each. Place sprouts in a large saucepan; add water to cover. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, covered, 6-8 minutes or until almost tender. Drain.
- Meanwhile, in a large saucepan, melt butter over medium heat. Stir in flour until smooth; gradually whisk in cream. Bring to a boil, stirring constantly; cook and stir 1-2 minutes or until thickened. Stir in rosemary and garlic. Add Brussels sprouts and salt; heat through, stirring to combine. Sprinkle with cheese and pepper.
Nutrition Facts2/3 cup: 256 calories, 24g fat (15g saturated fat), 78mg cholesterol, 445mg sodium, 9g carbohydrate (3g sugars, 3g fiber), 5g protein.
Originally published as Brussel Sprouts in Rosemary Cream Sauce in Taste of Home September/October 2015
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.