Brussels Sprouts in Lemon Sauce
I've been making this wonderful dish for more than 20 years. I can't even remember where I got the recipe, but it's a great one everyone enjoys!—Mary Ann Morgan, Cedartown, Georgia
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 1 pound fresh or frozen brussels sprouts
- 1/4 cup butter, cubed
- 2/3 cup mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon celery salt
- 1/4 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- 1/4 cup sliced almonds, toasted
- If using fresh brussels sprouts, trim and cut an "X" in the core end of each. In a large saucepan, bring 1 in. of water and sprouts to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 10-12 minutes or until tender.
- Meanwhile, in a small saucepan, melt butter over low heat. Whisk in the mayonnaise, lemon juice and celery salt until smooth; heat through (do not boil).
- Drain brussels sprouts and place in a serving bowl. Drizzle with lemon sauce. Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese and almonds.
Nutrition Facts2/3 cup: 473 calories, 45g fat (12g saturated fat), 47mg cholesterol, 579mg sodium, 12g carbohydrate (3g sugars, 5g fiber), 7g protein.
Originally published as Brussells Sprouts in Lemon Sauce in Holiday & Celebrations Cookbook 2008
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.