Sicilian Brussels Sprouts
I love to make this dish because the flavors jumping around in your mouth keep you coming back bite after bite. Other nuts can be used in place of the pine nuts.—Marsha Gillett, Yukon, Oklahoma
Total TimePrep: 30 min. Bake: 20 min.
- 12 ounces pancetta, diced
- 2 pounds fresh Brussels sprouts, halved
- 3 tablespoons capers, drained
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 3 tablespoons champagne vinegar
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 3/4 cup golden raisins
- 1/2 cup pine nuts, toasted
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon zest
- In a large cast-iron or other ovenproof skillet, cook the pancetta over medium heat until browned. Remove to paper towels with a slotted spoon.
- Add Brussels sprouts to pan; cook and stir until lightly browned. Remove from the heat. Stir in the capers, oil, vinegar, lemon juice, salt and pepper.
- Bake, uncovered, at 350° until caramelized, stirring occasionally, 15-20 minutes. Add the raisins, pine nuts, lemon zest and pancetta; toss to coat.