Mustard Brussels Sprouts
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 1-1/2 pounds fresh brussels sprouts
- 1/3 cup chopped shallots
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1/3 cup half-and-half cream
- 4-1/2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon dried tarragon
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 2 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
- Cut an “X” in the core of each brussels sprout. In a Dutch oven, bring 1/2 in. of water to a boil. Add brussels sprouts; cover and cook for 8-12 minutes or until tender.
- Meanwhile, in a small saucepan, saute shallots in butter until tender. Add the cream, mustard, salt, tarragon and pepper. Cook and stir over medium heat until thickened. Drain sprouts; add cream mixture and heat through. Sprinkle with cheese.
Nutrition Facts1 cup: 121 calories, 5g fat (3g saturated fat), 16mg cholesterol, 316mg sodium, 16g carbohydrate (4g sugars, 5g fiber), 6g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2 vegetable, 1 fat.
Sep 19, 2017
I always roast my Brussels but this sounded so different i had to try it. Wow, what flavor. I thought the mustard would be overpowering but all the flavors blended so well it wasn't. Yum
Dec 6, 2011
My husband loves, loves loves Brussel Sprouts. Me....not so much. So, I am always looking for Brussel Sprout recipes. This one was great! Easy to make and flavorful. Don't leave out the tarragon! It elevates the sauce!
Oct 5, 2011
This was delicious and I love Brussel sprouts
Sep 19, 2011
Very delicious. I don't usually like brussel sprouts. But with this recipe, I will be eating them a lot more.