Dijon-Dill Brussels Sprouts
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 1-1/2 pounds fresh brussels sprouts, halved
- 3 tablespoons butter, melted
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon dill weed
- 1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 can (8 ounces) sliced water chestnuts, drained and halved
- Place brussels sprouts in a saucepan with a small amount of water; cover and steam until tender, about 12-14 minutes. Combine butter, mustard, lemon juice, dill, salt and pepper. Drain brussels sprouts; add butter mixture and water chestnuts. Mix well.
Nutrition Facts3/4 cup: 121 calories, 6g fat (4g saturated fat), 15mg cholesterol, 230mg sodium, 15g carbohydrate (4g sugars, 5g fiber), 4g protein.
Apr 27, 2015
Absolutely nothing needs to be changed. This is an amazing recipe!
Oct 28, 2013
Yum! I like to make sprouts with butter, lemon juice, basil, salt, and pepper, but these were far better. New favorite.
Jun 10, 2011
I steamed the sprouts for about 10 minutes, then spread them on a lightly oil baking sheet along with the sliced water chestnuts.I sprayed quickly with olive oil. Then squeezed a fresh lemon on them, added a twist or 2 of sea salt, freshly ground black pepper, and the dried dill. Finally, gently poured a mixture of the melted butter and coarsely ground dijon mustard over all. Popped into the convection oven at 450 for about 10 minutes until they began to brown and crisp up. Delicious!!!