Herbed Brussels Sprouts
Total TimePrep: 20 min. Bake: 15 min.
- 8 cups fresh Brussels sprouts (about 2-1/2 pounds)
- 1 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/4 cup cider vinegar
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon dried tarragon
- 1/2 teaspoon dried marjoram
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 cup chopped pimientos
- Preheat oven to 350°. Trim Brussels sprouts and cut an “X” in the core of each. Place sprouts in a steamer basket; place in a large saucepan over 1 in. of water. Bring to a boil; cover and steam 9-11 minutes or until crisp-tender.
- Transfer to a 13x9-in. baking dish coated with cooking spray. Top with mushrooms. In a small bowl, combine brown sugar, vinegar, butter, salt, tarragon, marjoram and pepper. Drizzle over vegetables. Sprinkle with pimientos.
- Bake, uncovered, 15-20 minutes or until vegetables are tender.
Nutrition Facts3/4 cup: 94 calories, 3g fat (2g saturated fat), 8mg cholesterol, 203mg sodium, 16g carbohydrate (9g sugars, 4g fiber), 3g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2 vegetable, 1/2 starch, 1/2 fat.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Nov 21, 2012
I simplified and reduced the recipe - I made about a half batch and used approx. 1 T. each butter, brown sugar and cider vinegar to make a glaze to saute the sprouts with after steaming. I used a little salt and pepper, and my husband added a little olive oil while they were sauteing. Easy, fast and delicious. We have made these multiple times.
Feb 9, 2012
Made these for Christmas and everyone loved them, even those who "don't eat brussel sprouts". Will use again and again....
Jan 30, 2010
I used frozen sprouts and cooked them in the microwave then continued with the recipe. The second time I made them I used only one pound of fresh sprouts and cooked them in an 8 x 8 pan.
Nov 28, 2008
More mushrooms are fine if you love them like we do! Also frozen br.sp. work well, too.1