Garlic Roasted Brussels Sprouts
Total TimePrep/Total: 30 min.
Makes12 servings (1/2 cup each)
- 2 pounds fresh Brussels sprouts, trimmed and halved
- 2 medium red onions, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 7 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- Preheat oven to 425°. Divide Brussels sprouts and onions between two foil-lined 15x10x1-in. baking pans.
- In a small bowl, mix oil, garlic, salt and pepper; drizzle half of the mixture over each pan and toss to coat. Roast 20-25 minutes or until tender, stirring occasionally and switching position of pans halfway.
Nutrition Facts1/2 cup: 69 calories, 4g fat (1g saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 215mg sodium, 8g carbohydrate (2g sugars, 3g fiber), 3g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 vegetable, 1/2 fat.
Apr 7, 2018
I'm the only one who will eat brussels sprouts, so I halved the recipe, and used 4 cloves of garlic. The house smelled so good, I could hardly wait for dinner! I like for some of them to get really crispy brown edges, so I let mine go the full 25 minutes. It definitely wouldn't be terrible to add some cooked applewood smoked bacon to them either.
Sep 8, 2016
Brussels sprouts and garlic. So de-lish. I made these a while back and forgot to review the recipe. <3
Sep 5, 2016
I love brussel sprouts, especially when they're roasted, and garlic just makes these even better. I didnt have any red onion, so I used yellow instead, but I think it would have been better with red. Overall, a great side dish. I really like adding this combination to whole grain pasta with a little olive oil too. Yum!
Oct 11, 2015
Just so so.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.