Pomegranate-Hazelnut Roasted Brussels Sprouts
I converted many people to Brussels sprouts with this recipe, and it has since become my most requested dish. The richness of the hazelnuts and the sweetness of pomegranate and orange elevate the sprouts to a new level. —Melanie Stevenson, Reading, Pennsylvania
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 2 pounds fresh Brussels sprouts, trimmed and halved
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1-1/2 teaspoons kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon coarsely ground pepper
- 6 tablespoons butter, cubed
- 2/3 cup chopped hazelnuts, toasted
- 1 tablespoon grated orange zest
- 1/2 cup pomegranate seeds
- Preheat oven to 400°. Place Brussels sprouts in a foil-lined 15x10x1-in. baking pan. Drizzle with oil; sprinkle with salt and pepper. Toss to coat. Roast 15-20 minutes or until tender, stirring occasionally. Remove from oven.
- Meanwhile, in a small heavy saucepan, melt butter over medium heat. Heat 5-7 minutes or until golden brown, stirring constantly. Remove from heat; drizzle over Brussels sprouts. Add hazelnuts and orange zest; gently toss to coat. Transfer to a serving bowl. Just before serving, sprinkle with pomegranate seeds.
Nutrition Facts3/4 cup: 248 calories, 22g fat (7g saturated fat), 23mg cholesterol, 454mg sodium, 13g carbohydrate (4g sugars, 5g fiber), 5g protein.
Originally published as Pomegranate-Hazelnut Roasted Brussels Sprouts in Holiday & Celebrations Cookbook 2016