Roasted Balsamic Brussels Sprouts with Pancetta
I always loved Brussels sprouts growing up, so I decided as an adult to bring them home to our family table. I've been making them ever since.—Brenda Washnock, Negaunee, Michigan
Total TimePrep: 15 min. Bake: 30 min.
- 2 pounds fresh Brussels sprouts, trimmed and halved
- 3 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 ounces sliced pancetta or bacon strips, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 1/3 cup dried cranberries
- 1/2 cup pine nuts, toasted
- Preheat oven to 400°. Place Brussels sprouts in a 15x10x1-in. baking pan; toss with 2 tablespoons oil, salt and pepper. Roast 30-35 minutes or until lightly charred and tender, stirring halfway.
- Meanwhile, in a large skillet, heat remaining oil over medium-high heat. Add pancetta; cook and stir 4-6 minutes or until crisp. Add garlic; cook 1 minute longer. Remove from heat; stir in vinegar.
- In a large bowl, combine Brussels sprouts, cranberries and pancetta mixture; toss to combine. Sprinkle with pine nuts.
Editor's NoteTo toast nuts, bake in a shallow pan in a 350° oven for 5-10 minutes or cook in a skillet over low heat until lightly browned, stirring occasionally.
Nutrition Facts3/4 cup: 253 calories, 18g fat (3g saturated fat), 8mg cholesterol, 407mg sodium, 20g carbohydrate (8g sugars, 6g fiber), 8g protein.
Originally published as Holiday Brussels Sprouts with Pancetta, Dried Cranberries and Toasted Pine Nuts in Country Woman February/March 2016
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.