Roasted Brussels Sprouts & 3-Cheese Crostini
Brussels sprouts for a snack? Oh, yes. Combine these roasted goodies with cheese for the ultimate toast topper. —Athena Russell, Greenville, South Carolina
Total TimePrep: 20 min. Bake: 20 min.
Makesabout 2-1/2 dozen
- 3/4 pound fresh Brussels sprouts, trimmed and thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup olive oil, divided
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 package (4 ounces) crumbled feta cheese
- 1/3 cup whipped cream cheese
- 1 French bread baguette (10-1/2 ounces), cut in 1/2-inch slices
- 1 cup shredded Gruyere cheese
- Garlic oil, optional
- Preheat oven to 400°. Toss together Brussels sprouts, 2 tablespoons olive oil, nutmeg, salt and pepper; place on a foil-lined 15x10-in. baking pan. Roast, stirring once, until tender and browned, about 20 minutes.
- Process feta and cream cheese in food processor until smooth. Place bread slices on a foil-lined baking sheet. Brush with remaining olive oil; broil until just golden, 1-2 minutes. Spread bread slices with feta cheese mixture; top with Brussels sprouts. Sprinkle with Gruyere cheese. Broil 5-6 in. from heat until cheese is melted and starting to brown, 1-2 minutes. If desired, drizzle with garlic oil. Serve immediately.
Nutrition Facts1 appetizer: 72 calories, 4g fat (2g saturated fat), 9mg cholesterol, 141mg sodium, 6g carbohydrate (1g sugars, 1g fiber), 3g protein.
Every product is independently selected by our editors. If you buy something through our links, we may earn an affiliate commission.