Cranberry-Walnut Brussels Sprouts
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 pound fresh Brussels sprouts, trimmed and halved lengthwise
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1/3 cup California Walnuts
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- In a large skillet, heat oil over medium heat. Place Brussels sprouts in pan, cut side down; cook 4-5 minutes or until bottoms are browned.
- Add cranberries and water; cook, covered, 1-2 minutes or until Brussels sprouts are crisp-tender. Stir in walnuts; cook and stir until water is evaporated. Stir in vinegar.
Nutrition Facts3/4 cup: 281 calories, 20g fat (3g saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 26mg sodium, 25g carbohydrate (14g sugars, 5g fiber), 5g protein.
Jan 10, 2019
Delicious side dish! Big hit every time I serve it!!
Jan 15, 2017
This was very tasty and I usually avoid brussels sprouts when I see them offered. But not anymore. Love this! We will be making this again.
Jan 8, 2017
I bought a bag of Brussels Sprouts at Costco. I used frozen cranberries instead of dried. Orange juice instead of water. Tastes good.
Jan 8, 2017
Just love this recipe for sprouts, after reading another review I was also naughty and added bacon. Will definitely be making again.
Oct 2, 2016
We loved this side dish! It's "elegant". I toasted the nuts to bring out more flavor and to crisp them up a bit. I will be making this again.
Dec 25, 2015
Dec 6, 2015
For the first time EVER my family ate brussel sprouts! I was naughty and added bacon, but what a wonderful recipe! THANK YOU!
Nov 8, 2015
We loved this! My husband said these were the best Brussels sprouts he has had, and my son had thirds. Loved the combination of flavors, the cranberries really add to the dish. I think a good balsamic is key here as well.
Mar 26, 2015
Mmmm - mmmm, good. Couldn't wait to eat the leftovers, even great cold!
Dec 27, 2014
Made this 3 days ago & had to go online for the recipe to make it again for family on vacation. Had to create this account to start reviewing because totally disagree with the bad review. I'm not generally a big fan of Brussel sprouts but these were great. I did add a little chopped crisp bacon.