Crumb-Topped Brussels Sprouts
Total TimePrep: 15 min. Bake: 20 min.
- 1-1/2 pounds fresh or frozen brussels sprouts
- 3 tablespoons butter, melted, divided
- 1/4 cup Italian-seasoned dry bread crumbs
- 2 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
- Trim the brussels sprouts and cut an X in the core of each. Place 1/2 inch water in a large saucepan; add the sprouts. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat, cover and simmer for 8-10 minutes or until crisp-tender; drain.
- Place in an ungreased shallow 1-1/2-qt. baking dish. Drizzle with 2 tablespoons butter. Combine bread crumbs, cheese and remaining butter; sprinkle over brussels sprouts.
- Cover and bake at 325° for 10 minutes. Uncover and bake 10 minutes longer.
Nutrition Facts1 cup: 125 calories, 7g fat (4g saturated fat), 17mg cholesterol, 189mg sodium, 14g carbohydrate (3g sugars, 4g fiber), 5g protein.
Nov 8, 2017
Very good and so easy to prepare. Hubby & daughter loved it!!
Feb 8, 2017
LOVED IT! Next time I'd like to try roasting longer and skip the boiling.
Nov 30, 2016
I made these last night and they were fantastic. I have always loved brussels sprouts but this is the first time I've made them (weird?!). I will definitely be making these again. The crumb topping complemented these perfectly.
Jan 6, 2016
This is a big hit in our home. Even my young children will eat brussel sprouts this way. The adults in my family enjoy a dash of cayenne pepper mixed in with the topping for added punch. During the summer we will make a small amount in a 3-cup square glass dish and bake in the toaster oven.
Dec 16, 2011
Easy to prepare, but looks showy...and the taste is wonderful! A big hit at our house. Thank you so much for sharing.
Dec 27, 2010
I made this recipe on Christmas Day to go with our turkey dinner. I used fresh brussels sprouts and cut them in half since they were so large. We all agreed that these were the best brussels sprouts we'd ever had.
Sep 1, 2010
My husband and one of my daughters love brussel sprouts, so I am always looking for new recipes with them. This one is a keeper, and it is so easy.
Apr 4, 2009
Absolutely delicious and easy.
Nov 22, 2008
Made these for our Canadian Thanksgiving Oct 2008. My in-laws loved them. Nice, easy recipe perfect for a busy Thanksgiving kitchen. Will make these again for our next turkey dinner!