Total TimePrep/Total Time: 10 min.
- 1 package (16 ounces) frozen chopped broccoli
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of mushroom soup, undiluted
- 1/2 cup shredded Swiss cheese
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/4 cup whole milk
- 1-1/2 cups cheese and garlic croutons
- Place broccoli and water in a microwave-safe 2-qt. dish. Cover and microwave on high for 6-8 minutes or until tender; drain.
- Stir in the soup, cheeses and milk. Cover and microwave for 2 minutes or until cheeses are melted. Sprinkle with croutons.
Editor's NoteThis recipe was tested in a 1,100-watt microwave.
Nutrition Facts3/4 cup: 217 calories, 13g fat (6g saturated fat), 26mg cholesterol, 706mg sodium, 18g carbohydrate (3g sugars, 4g fiber), 10g protein.
May 10, 2020
Super tasty, my girls loved it! I crushed the croutons before sprinkling them on top but next time won't crush them as much. Somewhere between whole and crushed croutons will be perfect. I also prepared it in the oven since the crockpot chicken wasn't ready yet. I set the oven to 350 degrees and put the broccoli in the oven with the water, covered and let it bake until tender, about 15 minutes. Then I added the soup, cheeses and milk, recovered the dish and let it bake for another 15 minutes or so. Turned out great!
Dec 29, 2013
Very good and super cheesy. I adapted it to make it in the oven and used fresh broccoli (1 bunch). Next time I'll use about 1.5 bunches as there was a lot of cheese sauce. Once it was assembled, I baked it about 15 minutes, then added some cheese on top and then the croutons. I baked an additional 5 minutes. It gave it a nice crispy top.
Jan 26, 2010
We thought this was great!! The only thing I might change is to crunch the croutons up a bit next time. Very good - thanks!!