Microwave Brussels Sprouts
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 1-1/2 pounds brussels sprouts
- 1/4 cup water
- 1/4 teaspoon celery salt
- Pinch pepper
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/3 cup finely crushed cornflakes
- 1 tablespoon butter, melted
- Place the brussels sprouts in a 1-1/2-qt. microwave-safe dish; add water. Sprinkle with celery salt and pepper. Cover and microwave on high for 6-8 minutes or until tender, stirring and rotating a quarter turn every 2 minutes. Drain. Sprinkle with cheese; microwave on high for 30-60 seconds or until cheese begins to melt. Combine cornflakes and butter; sprinkle over sprouts.
Editor's NoteThis recipe was tested in a 1,100-watt microwave.
Nutrition Facts3/4 cup: 88 calories, 4g fat (2g saturated fat), 11mg cholesterol, 151mg sodium, 11g carbohydrate (2g sugars, 3g fiber), 5g protein.
Jun 25, 2017
These cheesy sprouts are delightful!!
Feb 2, 2011
Just made this tonight because I was looking for an easy recipe using cheese and my frozen brussels sprouts. It was very easy to make and everyone loved it. I will definetely make this one again.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.