Better Brussels Sprouts
This is the only way my kids will eat Brussels sprouts! It’s actually great for me because this dish is fast, easy and healthy, and it makes a lovely side. Quick-cooking Brussels sprout halves are available in the prepackaged salad aisle at the grocery store. They’re a timesaver if you can find them, but you can always just buy whole ones and slice them in half. —Teri Rasey, Cadillac, Michigan
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 3 tablespoons coconut oil
- 1 package (16 ounces) fresh halved Brussels sprouts
- 1/3 cup sliced onions
- 1/2 cup coarsely chopped cashews
- 1 teaspoon granulated garlic
- Salt and pepper to taste
- In a large heavy skillet or wok, heat coconut oil over medium heat. Add Brussels sprouts; cook and stir 5 minutes. Add onion slices; cook 3 minutes longer, stirring every 20-30 seconds. Add cashews and garlic; cook 1 minute longer. Sprinkle with salt and pepper.
Nutrition Facts2/3 cup: 161 calories, 13g fat (7g saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 81mg sodium, 11g carbohydrate (1g sugars, 3g fiber), 5g protein.
Originally published as Better Brussels Sprouts in Taste of Home Christmas Annual 2018
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.