Better Brussels Sprouts
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 3 tablespoons coconut oil
- 1 package (16 ounces) fresh halved Brussels sprouts
- 1/3 cup sliced onions
- 1/2 cup coarsely chopped cashews
- 1 teaspoon granulated garlic
- Salt and pepper to taste
- In a large heavy skillet or wok, heat coconut oil over medium heat. Add Brussels sprouts; cook and stir 5 minutes. Add onion slices; cook 3 minutes longer, stirring every 20-30 seconds. Add cashews and garlic; cook 1 minute longer. Sprinkle with salt and pepper.
Nutrition Facts2/3 cup: 161 calories, 13g fat (7g saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 81mg sodium, 11g carbohydrate (1g sugars, 3g fiber), 5g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Mar 27, 2019
I’m sorry but I tried them and I’m a bigger fan of the steamed. I did steam them then added the onions and nuts and used garlic powder and when they were done they were good. Next time I will have to do something different with the garlic as it didn’t turn out as well as I thought it would. But it still was good.