Better Brussels Sprouts
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 3 tablespoons coconut oil
- 1 package (16 ounces) fresh halved Brussels sprouts
- 1/3 cup sliced onions
- 1/2 cup coarsely chopped cashews
- 1 teaspoon granulated garlic
- Salt and pepper to taste
- In a large heavy skillet or wok, heat coconut oil over medium heat. Add Brussels sprouts; cook and stir 5 minutes. Add onion slices; cook 3 minutes longer, stirring every 20-30 seconds. Add cashews and garlic; cook 1 minute longer. Sprinkle with salt and pepper.
Nutrition Facts2/3 cup: 161 calories, 13g fat (7g saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 81mg sodium, 11g carbohydrate (1g sugars, 3g fiber), 5g protein.
Mar 27, 2019
I’m sorry but I tried them and I’m a bigger fan of the steamed. I did steam them then added the onions and nuts and used garlic powder and when they were done they were good. Next time I will have to do something different with the garlic as it didn’t turn out as well as I thought it would. But it still was good.