Brussels Sprouts and Grapes au Gratin
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 1 pound fresh Brussels sprouts, halved
- 1/2 cup seedless red grapes, halved
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 2 tablespoons arrowroot flour
- 3/4 cup 2% milk
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 cup shredded Swiss cheese
- Grated Parmesan cheese
- Preheat oven to 400°. In a large saucepan, bring 1/2 in. water to a boil. Add Brussels sprouts; cook, covered, until crisp-tender, about 5 minutes. Drain and transfer to a greased 8-in. square baking dish. Add grapes.
- Meanwhile, in a small saucepan, melt butter over medium heat. Stir in arrowroot flour until smooth; gradually whisk in milk. Bring to a boil, stirring constantly; cook and stir until thickened, 5 minutes. Add salt and pepper. Pour over Brussels sprouts and grapes.
- Top with shredded Swiss cheese. Sprinkle with grated Parmesan. Bake until bubbly, about 20 minutes.
Nutrition Facts2/3 cup: 152 calories, 8g fat (5g saturated fat), 24mg cholesterol, 180mg sodium, 13g carbohydrate (5g sugars, 3g fiber), 8g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Nov 20, 2017
We really liked the grapes with the Brussels sprouts! I also substituted all-purpose flour, and my family doesn't like Swiss cheese so we used Muenster.
Nov 2, 2017
I liked this recipe! I used frozen Brussels Sprouts cooked in 1-1/2 cups water and used all-purpose flour as I didn't have the arrowroot flour. The grapes added a colorful touch to this dish!
Sep 25, 2017
The recipe was great except for the Grapes everyone in the family picked them out. I would def make again without the grapes. Was creamy and full of flavor.