Roasted Root Vegetables
Total TimePrep: 15 min. Bake: 45 min.
- 5 medium red potatoes, cubed
- 4 medium carrots, cut into 1/2-inch slices
- 2 small turnips, peeled and cubed
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 2 to 4 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh rosemary or 1 teaspoon dried rosemary, crushed
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- Place the potatoes, carrots, turnips and garlic in a greased 13x9-in. baking dish. Drizzle with oil; sprinkle with rosemary, salt and pepper. Stir to coat.
- Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 35 minutes. Increase temperature to 450°; bake 10-15 minutes longer or until vegetables are tender.
Nutrition Facts3/4 cup: 55 calories, 3g fat (0 saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 144mg sodium, 7g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 2g fiber), 1g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 vegetable, 1/2 fat.
Dec 2, 2019
I doubled the amounts of garlic, olive oil, salt, rosemary leaves, crushed, and pepper. I'd had 5 baking potatoes, but used the turnips and carrots as called for in this recipe. I'd baked at the 450o F. oven temperature 20 minutes and used two pans to bake the vegetables.
Oct 19, 2011
Easy to make. Make sure to crush dried rosemary leaves. There isn't a whole lot of flavor, but still very good and healthy.