Roasted Winter Vegetables
Total TimePrep: 25 min. Bake: 30 min.
- 3 small red potatoes, cubed
- 2 medium carrots, chopped
- 2 medium parsnips, peeled and chopped
- 1 medium turnip, peeled and chopped
- 1 cup cubed peeled butternut squash
- 3 shallots, peeled and halved
- 1 whole garlic bulb, cloves separated and peeled
- 4-1/2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- Place the first seven ingredients in a greased 15x10x1-in. baking pan. Combine the oil, salt, thyme and pepper; drizzle over vegetables and toss to coat.
- Bake, uncovered, at 425° for 30-35 minutes or until tender, stirring occasionally.
Nutrition Facts3/4 cup: 115 calories, 4g fat (1g saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 135mg sodium, 20g carbohydrate (4g sugars, 3g fiber), 2g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Nov 17, 2013
love this. my whole family loves these veggies
Nov 5, 2013
Love this! Warm comfort food - but veggies! Not too popular with my husband and son, who object to the "funny" veggies - Parsnips, and squash. Still I make it just for me!
Nov 7, 2012
Put all the oil and seasonings in a ziplock bag, add veggies, zip closed and toss around to coat. pour onto the pan and bake as directed. coats the veggies more evenly and is less messy.
Nov 7, 2012
Last year I roasted winter veggies instead of the traditional "sugary, fattening potatoes; sweet and regular" fearful that my family would revolt and to my surprise and delight they didn't. They actually ate more of them and I didn't have left overs. They were all gone. We had to make more the next days to eat with Turkey and cranberry salad. It was great. I recommend to try it and see what happens. I have found a "new" tradition. Healthy and Happy Thanksgiving everyone.