Roasted Potatoes, Carrots & Leeks
Simply seasoned and flavored with garlic, this fantastic side dish will complement just about any entree. The colorful veggies are easy to prepare and look attractive on a holiday buffet...but you'll want to keep this recipe in mind for meals all year long.—Janice Mitchell, Aurora, Colorado
Total TimePrep: 20 min. Bake: 45 min.
Makes12 servings (3/4 cup each)
- 2 pounds small red potatoes
- 1 pound fresh baby carrots
- 3 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 6 medium leeks (white portions only), halved lengthwise, cleaned and cut into 1-inch lengths
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- Scrub and quarter potatoes; place in a large bowl. Add the carrots, butter, oil, salt and pepper; toss to coat. Arrange in a single layer in two ungreased 15x10x1-in. baking pans.
- Bake at 425° for 25 minutes. Add leeks and garlic; bake 20-25 minutes longer or until tender, stirring occasionally.
Nutrition Facts3/4 cup: 131 calories, 4g fat (2g saturated fat), 8mg cholesterol, 260mg sodium, 22g carbohydrate (4g sugars, 3g fiber), 2g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 starch, 1 fat.
Originally published as Roasted Potatoes, Carrots and Leeks in Country Woman Christmas 2010