- 1/3 cup butter
- 6 cups fresh or frozen peas
- 3/4 cup thinly sliced green onions
- 3 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
- 3 tablespoons minced fresh basil
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- In a large skillet, heat butter over medium-high heat. Add peas and green onions; cook and stir until tender. Stir in the remaining ingredients.
3/4 cup: 161 calories, 8g fat (5g saturated fat), 20mg cholesterol, 283mg sodium, 17g carbohydrate (7g sugars, 6g fiber), 6g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 starch, 1 lean meat, 1 fat.