Minty Peas and Onions
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 2 large onions, cut into 1/2-inch wedges
- 1/2 cup chopped sweet red pepper
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 packages (16 ounces each) frozen peas
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh mint or 2 teaspoons dried mint
- In a large skillet, saute onions and red pepper in oil until onions just begin to soften. Add peas; cook, uncovered, stirring occasionally, for 10 minutes or until heated through. Stir in mint and cook for 1 minute.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 134 calories, 4g fat (1g saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 128mg sodium, 19g carbohydrate (9g sugars, 6g fiber), 6g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 starch, 1 fat.
Aug 27, 2011
We also cut this recipe in half and still had plenty left over. Fortunately I had a Vadalia sweet onion and just enough mint left on my plant to use fresh. It was wonderful. Easy to make, good enough for both family and company meals.
May 26, 2011
Simply delightful fresh-tasting side dish to serve with many entrees. We cut recipe in half to serve 4, but it makes a colorful presentation worthy of guests. We grow fresh mint on our patio, but dried should be fine, too. Easy, tasty, healthy - expect even kids to love it!