Peas Please Asian Noodles
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 12 ounces uncooked Japanese soba noodles or whole wheat spaghetti
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 cup fresh snow peas or sugar snap peas, trimmed
- 3 cups ice water
- 3/4 cup frozen green peas, thawed
- 1 small cucumber, chopped
- 3 green onions, finely chopped
- 1/4 cup creamy peanut butter
- 3 tablespoons orange juice
- 3 tablespoons white or rice vinegar
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce
- 4 teaspoons sesame oil or tahini
- 4 teaspoons canola oil
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder
- 2 to 3 teaspoons hot pepper sauce
- 2-1/4 teaspoons sugar
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- Sesame seeds, toasted
- Cook noodles according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a small saucepan, bring 1/4 cup water to a boil over medium-high heat. Add snow peas; cook, uncovered, just until crisp-tender, 1-2 minutes. Drain; immediately drop snow peas into ice water. Remove and pat dry.
- Drain noodles; rinse with cold water and drain again. Combine noodles with snow peas, green peas, cucumber and green onions.
- In another bowl, whisk together sauce ingredients until blended; pour over noodles and vegetables. Toss to coat. To serve, sprinkle with cilantro and sesame seeds.
Nutrition Facts1 cup: 264 calories, 9g fat (1g saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 740mg sodium, 39g carbohydrate (4g sugars, 2g fiber), 10g protein.
Apr 4, 2017
I was unsure about this recipe at first, but my hubby loves anything peanut butter, so decided to try this recipe!! So glad I did!!! It's delicious!! My hubby LOVED it!! He went back for seconds and asked to have it for his lunch for work!!! 5 stars ?!!!
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.