Ginger Beets and Carrots
I love fresh garden foods, especially ones as hearty as beets and carrots. This is a great way to enjoy the end-of-the-garden harvest. Plus, the ginger adds great flavor and health benefits. —Courtney Stultz, Weir, Kansas
Total TimePrep: 10 min. Bake: 15 min.
- 1-1/2 cups thinly sliced fresh carrots
- 1-1/2 cups thinly sliced fresh beets
- 4 teaspoons olive oil
- 1-1/2 teaspoons honey
- 1-1/2 teaspoons ground ginger
- 3/4 teaspoon soy sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- Preheat oven to 400°. Place vegetables in a greased 15x10x1-in. baking pan. Whisk remaining ingredients; drizzle over vegetables. Toss to coat. Bake until carrots and beets are crisp-tender, 15-20 minutes.
Test Kitchen tips
Nutrition Facts1/2 cup: 92 calories, 5g fat (1g saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 379mg sodium, 12g carbohydrate (8g sugars, 3g fiber), 1g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 starch, 1 vegetable.
Originally published as Ginger Beets & Carrots in Taste of Home Feb/Mar 2018
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.